Snowbreeze

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Today marks the end of the SYF journey!!

We have been practising really hard for the past few weeks, especially during these 3 weeks.. Have to come back every single day during March Holidays just to practice.. That thursday was dedicated to UCC rehearsal which spent some time familiarise the stage. We went for tau huay later on.. Last friday, we practiced in the hall with the air-con on.. it was so nice dancing under air-conditioned area!! Miss Tan'sss were so sweet as they bought us bananas and sewed our name on each of our towel that they gave us. These few days have been really tiring!! Had dance prac on mon and yest. On Mon, our juniors baked cupcakes for every one of us, not forgetting our instructor too.. and they made a beautiful card for everyone of us!! You guys are really SWEET!! As for yesterday, there were photography society members down there helping us to take photos.. and Ruben commented that there were paparazzi around. Our instructor came down to watch us rehearse and commented on it.. Of course that are lots of areas for improvement and we have been constantly trying to improve on it. Went with Fung Yee, Sixian, Fiona, Vanessa, Yi Lin, Jia Wen and Daniel to Compass to buy make-up stuff.. Spent quite a long time trying to choose make-up. Reached home around 10plus and was really lethargic. Couldn't sleep until 1 plus.. Woke up at 5 plus and was so eager to head to school to prepare.. Reach around 6.15am and Sam Seow was sitting there alone.. The school was so damn quiet.. Took our baskets and costumes and headed back to the canteen to tie our hair.. Started curling my hair and had dance class at around 8am. We closed the shutters and rehearsed in the hall while there were some ppl peeping at us. As usual, we prayed in a circle and Mr Dan gave us a card each.. Back to fusion house for make-up.. 2 hrs gone and headed down for lunch.. The canteen was packed with people and they were staring at us, as if we were some sort of creatures.. HahaXD Rehearse another run at 11.30am before setting off at 12pm. Was in the bus busying packing, passing, arranging stuff.. Reached UCC and I was doing stretching while listening to our dance music. Was waiting along the holding area and we saw the judges and Mr Gn walking out from a dressing room.. We were busy getting into character.. It was our turn.. Everything went well for me though except the last part.. Could feel how the others felt and we cried on stage.. The atmosphere was really intense and I could sense the fear, anger, frustration and confusion. It was my first time that I cry while performing.. That feeling was good because I could feel the dance.. We had positive feedbacks from our teachers-in-charge and instructor.. AWESOME!! Had a chance to view the other JCs item.. I thought TJC item was flawless and the dancers were really elegant.. We took photos with our Principal, Vice-Principal, HOD of Aesthetics, Instructor and teahcers-in-charge.. Not forgetting taking pics with seniors and dancers from NJC. Bus ride to SRJC was FUN!! Talking, laughing... Took more photos and removed or make-up.. Cleared FH and headed to canteen for results.. We were anxious.. We had Gold.. NJC had Gold, Hwa Chong had GWH.. Only 2 skools had GWH this time round.. I was surprised with TJC result though.. Cried when hearing our results.. I thought that we had touched the audience based on the feedback and expected more.. I spotted minor mistakes here and there on stage that could have been prevented if we were more alert.. But heard that they had increased their expectations so this result was actually good:) Oh well, my sis asked me the first question when I got home was ' So how, did you get gold??' My answered was 'YES!!' This SYF journey had been really tough.. We started training right after our promos and there have been new members joining us.. For instance, Umairah, Fiona, Vanessa, Ruben and the new batch of JC1s. I am glad that it seems like we are now part of this big family and we have the same passion which is love to dance.. Not forgetting the intense dance practices before heading off to Taiwan for SRGCE which drained us alot.. Taiwan trip taught me alot.. The way to express ourselves, the way we walk, how far we should looked etc. Dance Camp where we had sharing session with NJC, Henderson and Hwa Chong ppl and they commented on the areas for improvement which is beneficial for us:) Lots of dance trainings in 2011 which were really fun!! Wanna thank my parents, sister and teachers who show their concern about my involvement in dance.. In addition, those who helped me along such as my beloved dancemates who often correct me. Our teachers who often provide us with lots of banana and our instructor who often tell us the truth about how we fare. In addition, wanna thank fung yee, jia wen, sixian, joycelyn, ziqi, jane, emeline, melody, priscilla, sam seow, benita who helped me with my make-up.. This has been an wonderful journey with lots of tears and sweat.. I am glad that we put up a great performance.. Even though we might not get the highest honour, but in my heart, I think we are the best of all:D Stay positive and I shall now try to catch-up on my studies:) Signing Off, Emily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home